Area Attractions | Things to Do in Topsail Island NC
While our island is known as a quiet family, friendly beach, Topsail Island offers many things to see and do on the island as well. We have several locally-owned restaurants, gift stores, fishing tours and golf courses for you to enjoy during your stay. Most of the retail stores and restaurants are located in Surf City, but Topsail Beach and North Topsail Beach offer great shopping and food as well. Also, we have provided an extensive list of services and locations for those interested in a Topsail Island wedding or special event. Below you will find a list of things to do - so go ahead and make plans accordingly.
* USS North Carolina Battleship (Wilmington): (910) 251-5807
* Poplar Grove Plantation (Scotts Hill): (910) 686-4868 www.poplargrove.com
* North Carolina Aquarium (Fort Fisher): (866) 301-3476
Boating You can sail or motorboat in the sound, Intracoastal Waterway or the ocean. Public boating facilities are located at the Surf City bridge near the Surf City park and at Busch's Marina in Topsail Beach. Boat docking, storage & gas facilities are found at:
* New River Marina (Sneads Ferry) (910) 327-9691
* Sea Haven Marina & RV's (Sneads Ferry) (910) 327-0844
* Swan Point Marina (Sneads Ferry) (910) 327-1081
* The Beach House Marina (Surf City) (910) 328-2628
Chamber of Commerce: For additional information on things to see and do on Topsail Island and surrounding areas, please visit the Chamber of Commerce, 13775 Ocean Hwy. 50, Suite 105, Treasure Coast Landing, Surf City. (910) 329-4446 or 1-800-626-2780 or Discover Topsail: www.topsailchamber.org
* Tuck's Water Shuttle (910)616-7106
* Chapel By The Bay (Surf City) Sunday Worship: 8 am & 10:30 am, Sunday School 9:15 am
* Emma Anderson Memorial Chapel (Topsail Beach) Sunday Worship: 10a.m.
* Faith Harbor United Methodist Church (Surf City) Sunday Worship: 9:20 am
* St. Mary Gate of Heaven Catholic Church (Surf City) Saturday Mass: 7 p.m. and Sunday Mass: 9 & 11 a.m.
* The Gathering Baptist Church (Surf City) Sunday Worship: 8:30 am, 9:30 am and 10:45 a.m.
Ecological Marine Tours
Learn about our local ecological system and the animals that live in or near the ocean near Topsail Island. Typically for children ages 5-12, parents and families can also participate. Join them for daily Beach Adventure Walks and nightly Ghost Crab Hunts in Topsail Beach (meet at Public Beach Access #0-19). For more information, visit http://www.ematopsail.webs.com. Please call (704) 578-3505 to make your reservation.
You can fish from the surf or from the pier. However, you must acquire a fishing license. There are several bait and tackle shops along the island where you can obtain a license along with your fishing needs.
* East Coast Discount Sports, Surf City (910) 328-1887
* Herrings Outdoor Sports, Surf City (910) 328-3291
* Jolly Roger Pier, Topsail Beach (910) 328-4616
* Sea View Pier, North Topsail Beach (910) 328-3172
* Surf City Pier, Surf City (910) 328-3521
* Coastal Fitness Center (Hampstead) (910) 270-4044
* Curves, (Surf City) (910) 329-1221
* Belvedere Plantation, Hampstead (910) 270- 2703
* Castle Bay, Hampstead (910) 270-1978
* North Shore Country Club, North Topsail Beach (910) 327-2410
* Olde Point, Hampstead (910) 270-2403
* Porter's Neck Plantation, Scotts Hill (910) 686-1177
* Arammietherapy Massage, 305 Moores Landing Rd, Hampstead. (910) 232-1058.
Museum featuring Topsail's history during World War II and the U.S.'s first rocketry efforts in the 1940's. Located within the Assembly Building at 722 Channel Blvd., Topsail Beach (910) 329-4446. You may also visit their website at http://topsailhistoricalsociety.org/
* Patio Playground, 807 S. Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach
* Shipwreck Point Golf, 14418 NC Hwy 50, Surf City (910) 329-4653
There are 3 public parks in Surf City. One is at the Surf City swing bridge that offers picnic areas, a playground, fishing & public boating facilities. The second park is located .6 miles south of the Surf City traffic light on S. Topsail Drive. It offers a playground, picnic areas & a basketball court. The last one is located approximately 2 miles north of the Surf City traffic light on N. New River Drive. It offers a playground. The one park in North Topsail Beach, located 10 miles north of the Surf city traffic light offers a playground, basketball court, tennis courts, volleyball, horseshoe pits and picnic areas.
For memories that will last a lifetime -
*Your Photo Quest by Lee Bush, Surf City, NC (910) 431-7480 www.facebook.com/YourPhotoQuest
*Ocean View Photography, located at 6209 Oleander Dr., Suite 300, Wilmington NC 28403 (910) 297-1320 or visit Ocean View's Photography website at www.oceanviewphoto.com
*Yvonne's Photography, located at 4605-4 Franklin Avenue, Wilmington, NC 28403 (910) 793-3990 or visit Yvonne's Photography website at www.yvonnesphoto.com.
Rentals - Water Activities, Etc.
Beach umbrellas, **beach wheelchairs, bicycles, boogie boards, hydroslides,, kayaks, surfboards, etc. may be rented at the following places:
- 50 South, 302 S. Topsail Drive, Surf City (910) 328-7911 www.surf50south.com
- Herrings Outdoor Sports, 701 N. New River Dr., Surf City (910) 328-3291) or visit them on the web at http://www.herringsoutdoorsports.com
- On Shore Surf Shop, Surf City (910) 328-2232
- Spinnaker's Surf Shop, Surf City (910) 328-2311
- **North Topsail Beach Police Dept. (910)328-0042 and **Topsail Beach Police Dept. (910)328-4851
- For rentals such as baby items, beach items and miscellaneous needs during your Topsail Island vacation: Seaside Rental and Linen Company at 1-866-615-4636, http://www.seasidelinen.com
Sea Turtle Hospital
The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue & Rehabilitation Center, the only facility in North Carolina which cares for sick and injured turtles is a must see while on Topsail Island. The new facility is on the mainland in Surf City at 302 Tortuga Lane. Visit their website at www.seaturtlehospital.org or call (910) 329-0222 for more information and hours of operation.
Public tennis courts can be found at the Surf City Community Center, 201 Community Center Drive (910) 328-4887 or at the park in North Topsail Beach.