How to Bring your Boat on Vacation to Topsail Island
Did you know that you can bring your boat on vacation?
Today we offer you a basic guide to bring your very own boat to Topsail Island. Ward Realty offers several beautiful vacation rentals that include boat docks. We will also inform you about local marinas and public boat launches. Don’t have a boat? No problem! Topsail Island has several awesome local companies where you can rent a boat, jetski, kayak or paddleboard for the day. There are also boat tours available. A tour is a great choice for those who want to get out on the water (but want someone else to do the majority of the work!).
Before Bringing Your Boat:
Ensure that your Topsail Island rental has adequate parking space for your boat.
If your rental does not have a parking spot or boat dock, make sure there is space for your boat at a marina.
Vacation Rentals With Boat Docks:
When you rent a Topsail Island vacation home that comes complete with a dock, it's smooth sailing from there! After all, you have a designated spot to park your boat, and access to our waterways couldn't be easier. The description of each property will disclose the location of the boat dock and any limitations of boat size to you. Here are a few examples of Ward Realty's dock-side homes:
3 BR | 2 Bath
One-level living area
8 Is Enough
4 BR | 2 Bath
NEW for 2021
By George Waterfront
4 BR | 2 Bath
Topsail Island Marinas:
Here is a list of some of the local Marinas. Call for current availability.
(please note that some of these marinas are not open to transient boaters at this time)
Topsail Island Marina - 412 Roland Ave Surf City, NC - (844) 486-7724
Harbour Village Marina Inc. - 176 Harbour Village Drive, Hampstead, NC 28443 - (910) 270-4017
New River Marina - 104 James Rd Snead's Ferry NC 28460 - 910-327-2106
Bush Marina - 910 S Anderson Blvd, Holly Ridge, NC 28445
Topsail Island Boat Launches:
There are several public boat launches available on Topsail Island. Ward Realty also manages several homes that include access to the community day docks as part of your rental agreement. In general, you cannot leave your boat there overnight so make sure your rental has adequate parking.
Click here to view homes with dock access.
Surf City Public Boat Launch - 517 Roland Ave, Surf City, NC 28445
Wildlife Public Boat Launch Access - NC-210, North Topsail Beach, NC 28460
- Click here to see all Topsail Island boat launches.
Other ways to get on the water:
Boat Rental Companies:
There are several companies in and around Topsail Island where you can rent a boat or jetski. Here are a few:
- Topsail Boat Rentals - 910-833-2273
- Aquaholics Boat Rentals, LLC - (910) 231-1738
- Surf City Boat Rentals - (910) 352-2171
- Southern Tide Boat Rentals - (910) 546-6960
- Also, Surf City now participates in the Freedom Boat Club, so if you are a member you can "check out a boat" while on vacation. Click here to find out more.
Boat Tours & Expeditions:
- Tiki Tours - (910) 650-3223
- Paddle NC - Guided Kayak Tours - 910-612-3297
- Topsail Boat Rental - Boat Tours - (910) 833-2273
- Surf City Jet Ski Rentals - Water Sports equipment rental - (910) 899-8606
- Tuck's Water Shuttle - Boat Tours - (910) 616-7106
- Queen Jean Charter - Fishing Charter - (910) 545-7433
Read this blog for great information about how to rent a kayak or paddleboard, surfboard and more:Where to Rent Kayaks, Bikes, and More on Topsail Island, NC