10 Awesome Ways To Get Beach Fit For Your Summer Vacation
Posted On Monday, April 09, 2018
Topsail Island is 26 miles of gorgeous North Carolina beach paradise. A marathon is 26.2 miles of grueling physical fitness performance. Coincidence?
Yeah, it totally is. But that doesn't mean that the combination of beach and fitness isn't a match made in spandex heaven. Getting beach fit is all about being able to enjoy the things that YOU want to do while you're on vacation, whether your goal is to spend your whole time soaking up the Topsail Island sun or boogie boarding across the East Coast waves.
Set Clear Goals
When it comes to setting any type of goals, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. We are all fabulously different, with unique wants and needs. That's why it's important for YOUto identify what you want to achieve and why.
One helpful method of goal setting encourages S.M.A.R.T. thinking: when setting your beach fitness goals, be sure they are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-sensitive. Apply these concepts to your personal beach fitness goals and success is sure to follow!
❤ Take Heart ❤
Do you ever find yourself breathing harder than you want to be while you're doing something active? If so, you may be thinking about working on your cardiovascular fitness. While it's true that cardio exercises are some of the most efficient when it comes to losing weight, they also happen to be great for getting beach fit.
Below are three low-impact cardiovascular activities that you can do at home AND during your Topsail Island vacation!
Interested in learning how many calories you burn during certain activities? Try this calorie calculator.
💪 Stay Strong 💪
Cardio fitness is a big part of being beach fit and therefore able to participate in all of the awesome things that you want to do while on vacation (and in life!), but cardio is not the only method for achieving your beach fitness goals.
Are you already on vacation? Check out one of our earlier posts for active ideas on how to boost your beach fitness.
🍽 Eat Smart 🍽
Have you ever heard of the 80/20 dieting rule? The basic premise is this: make healthy food choices 80% of the time, and you can eat pretty much whatever you want to eat for the remaining 20% of the time.
If you aren't used to paying attention to what and when and how you eat, adjusting to this method may take some amount of effort, but the payoff will totally be worth it.
But what if you aren't really in the mood to overhaul your entire eating routine? No problem! Even small but consistent efforts like increasing the amount of water that you drink each day or adding a small salad to your regular lunch and/or dinner routine can help you achieve your beach fitness goals!
Our post about clean eating has ten really great ideas to help you achieve your smart (S.M.A.R.T. 😉!) eating goals.
BEACH BONUS: Did you know that eating fish is associated with a bunch of health benefits? Our article about healthy cooking methods can help you prepare a fresh and local catch in a way that's sure to please the whole family!
Above all else, vacations are about making lasting memories with your loved ones. Keep this in mind as you set and work towards your beach fitness goals, and you will be successful all around!
Did you enjoy this article? Please SHARE with your friends on social media.